Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Bezo's drone army

Submitted by Rhonda Overbey on Wed, 2013-12-04 I don't know how much money Jeff Bezo earns annually but I know he's got money to invest in building flying drones. And buying big newspaper companies. It's a few years in the making but on a slow news day, Bezo's drone was everywhere. Order from Amazon and like a pizza, your purchase will be delivered to your house in less than 30 minutes. Not really a step into the digital future but a move into the Star Wars age. Oh, I can just imagine young Anakin building and repairing little drones on Tatooine. Nevermind, those were droids, not drones. (And just like that, George Lucas earns another penny.) Anyway, in my line of work, I'm more interested in Bezo's investment and modifications to his most recent big purchase, the Washington Post. In my tiny brain, I'm seeing a fleet of drones cost-effectively and efficiently delivering the morning newspaper to every porch in the country. He could build an army of drones. Like take one perfect drone and clone it millions of times. No, wait, those are storm troopers I'm picturing. Pay Mr. Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment