Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Who wants to build a snowman?

I promise you, the first time I heard this saying was Friday night! Seriously! Why is this quote driving people crazy? From a kids' movie? I haven't seen it. From a song? I've listened to to the whole thing ONCE. Ha ha ha! It's one of the benefits of being my age without tiny tots running around! I'm driven crazy by other things like trying to keep track of who the players are in The Avengers or the fact that I didn't know 'Timber' wasn't just another feel good song. Or how the Undertaker lost WrestleMania 2014 - the streak is over. It's official, the adults are over everything to do with Olaf and snowmen. We 'officially' kicked off Spring yesterday with the annual Conway Downtown Spring Open House, but today at 48 degrees, the dampness paired with the wind, still feels like wintertime. My favorite days of the years are the three or four consecutive days when you feel the sun on your face and a slight breeze that's more warm than cool. Ahhh, doesn't it sound like heaven? I'm waiting on those days....still waiting. Warmer days are just the corner, it's Master's week, the Alzheimer's group has its Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday, it's Arkansas Derby weekend at Oaklawn, all leading up to Palm Sunday, Easter and don't forget the Taste of Home Cooking School on Sat., April 26. (Tickets on sale now at www.uca.edu/tickets.) We're really starting a stretch with something to do every weekend leading up to Hammertime and Toad Suck Daze. Keep hoppin'! Community events are updated here: http://www.inconway.com/events

No comments:

Post a Comment