Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Lt. Dan asked for it

I don't remember when I signed up for the Log Cabin Democrat weather service texts, but even after three 'WARNING: High Wind' text messages - one yesterday and two this morning - I still thought something was wrong with the system. I kept asking Nick, local digi-god in the office. "Why's this thing sending out wind alerts? The wind isn't even blowing. The trees aren't moving. Does the weather service think we're in danger if we go boating or what?" I was still questioning what was going on with my hands in the air, when, as his greatness Gump, Forrest said in the movie of his life, "right then, God showed up." Is this Bayou La Batre or has someone been questioning whether the wind can blow? Testify! We've got trash in the parking lot that's blown in from west Texas. I'm thankful our trees aren't brittle after this wet winter. As for me, I'll batten down the hatches and wait it out in the house. Submitted by Rhonda Overbey on Thu, 2014-02-20 19:06

No comments:

Post a Comment